No need to be a pro to style winged eyeliner to look totally fabulous. First and foremost is to choose your eye makeup products. To get a perfect definition, it is better to choose a Felt Tip for easy application as well as yields great results for your winged eyeliner styles .
- Recent Update: March 2021
How to do winged eyeliner with liquid liner
With tons of winged eyeliner tutorial available, choosing the right eyeliner is essential. You may use a black pencil, and best is go for waterproof pigmented liquid liner that’s not hard on the skin but glides smoothly. At the same time, a liquid liner allows precise dramatic drawing which is great for glam look.
Another possibility is the gel eyeliner. It does not smudge easily all day, easy to remove and is much easier to apply than liquid eyeliner. You get the best style and appearance from both of the above.
However, it is not always easy to master winged eyeliner hacks when you are a beginner. Pick the right liner and practice a little test session so that your action is assured and the result is impeccable.
You need a steady and a firm hand and with a little patience, it is quite possible to apply a perfectly clean winged eyeliner. Ensure you place your elbow on a sturdy surface. Honestly speaking, it does not get any easier than these methods.
In general, the more innovative you can draw, the better attention you will get. The trick is perfecting a symmetrical pattern that makes your winged eyeliner styles extraordinary.
For those who like to save time, there are now winged eyeliner stamp or pads. It comes in disposable package, does not harm your skin and best of all, it’s made of harmless organic materials.
- Also read: winged eyeliner hooded eyes
What is the best eyeliner for winged look
You might also want to try a dramatic “glossy” winged eyeliner that’s look pretty awesome for making statement at parties. It’s how creative you get with your imagination. To draw a stunning liner, you have to be creative.
View this post on Instagram
- Also read: Thin winged eyeliner
What do you use for winged eyeliner?
If Instagram makeup influencer Teni Panosian guide does not work for you, then you probably need addition tools to master the killer wings. Do not worry. Your solution lies in everyday objects such as a spoon, ribbons or Scotch tapes specifically designed for this purpose.
Winged Eyeliner with tape
- Cut a tape measuring about 2 cm and glue along the outer edge of your eyes at an angle that you want your wings to be.
- Trace along the sloping edge with your eyeliner to draw the wing using the contours of the strip as a guide.
- Finish by extending the line along your upper lash line.
How to do winged eyeliner with a spoon
Head to your kitchen and pick up a spoon to give you the perfect winged eyeliner you’ve always desired. The right edge of the handle and the curve of the spoon is a perfect tool for neat and precise wings.
- Hold the handle of the spoon at the outer corner of the eye.
- Draw a straight line with your eyeliner following the line of the handle.
- Now place the rounded portion of the spoon and cup of your eyelids.
- Use the rounded edge to create the curvy tip of the wing.
- Fill the gap between two lines with eyeliner and extend the liner over your upper lash line as you normally do.
Winged Eyeliner with Business Card
Your solution for skillfully applying winged eyeliner is probably sitting in your purse. Fish out a business card that you no longer have to use and make your personal winged eyeliner stencil.
- Take a business card and draw a line to match the size of your eyes and how you want your wings to be like.
- Take a pair of scissors and cut out the pattern you drew.
- Use the cutout as a stencil for your wings
Winged Eyeliner with Swipe Card
Use your credit or debit card to help you draw your winged eyeliner, instead of paying hefty prices to buy expensive pencils.
- Hold the right edge of the card in the outer corner of the eye making slightly oblique with your temples.
- Trace along the right edge with eyeliner to create the wings.
- Extend the eyeliner to the inside corners of your eyes along the line of the upper lashes.
PS: You can also use a pen, pencil or a substantially straight object and follow the same method to get a perfect wing eyeliner. However, in these case, the wing is likely to be sharper and less sinuous.
Another pretty cool idea is to create a compounded (layered) eyeliner effect. Give it a try only if you have already master the basic winged eyeliner tutorial. We just love how Giulianaa created this glamorous look below.
View this post on Instagram
Winged eyeliner or cat eyes makeup look pretty stunning on almost everyone and can be worn for any occasion or even on a daily basis. You can totally play with the length and sharpness of the winged liner depending on the level of dramatic looks you are going for.
In addition, find the placement and shape of the wings that complete the shape of your eyes, and adjust it accordingly. For more eye makeup ideas, visit our other post here
So yeah, with all these winged eyeliner hacks in your bag, all that’s left to do is take your eyeliner skills and try this ultra glam look. Don’t be despair if you do not get it right the first try. Eventually you will definitely get there. It takes a little practice and a little patience to master the art of creating winged eyeliner like a pro.