Applying eye makeup for hooded eyes can seem more complicated, but the solution is always simpler than you think.
So, highlighting your hooded eyes doesn’t really makes any different. Instead, use a medium color shade on your crease just above your eyes and under the brow.
- Recently updated Oct 2021
Also, when applying eye shadow, do not drag it all the way down your upper eyelids. One of the steps that needs to be kept in mind is it’s not important for your eye makeup to be overly shimmering.
Many women think that their eye makeup application will only look good if it dazzles and shines.
View this post on Instagram
Makeup Artist Katie Jane Hughes, who has slightly hooded eyes, is undoubtedly the internet’s go-to person for revamping makeup looks for people with hooded eyes. We think she is one of those influencers to follow for inspiration.
The thing is, if you’ve got hooded eyes, you’ve got to maneuver product differently. Do you want it to look straight and graphic or misshapen?”
EYE MAKEUP FOR HOODED EYES
For individual with hooded eyes, sometimes they fail to notice the length of their eye lashes when they apply mascara. Long and straight eye lashes often makes your eyes look unnatural.
Curling of eyelashes pretty much makes your eyes look lifted and bigger and must be included in your eye makeup for hooded eyes. Liquid liners don’t get much easier to user than others.
Liquid liners are much easier to use that the others. Dotting on your lash lines will darken and make your peepers more define.
Perhaps, you might want to try false eyelashes which are in trend now for hooded eyes.
With a visible brow bone at your crease, it’s best to enhance your eyelids with fluttery and long lashes to make your eyes look bigger.
A lot of celebrities with hooded eyes have distinctive style to make their eyes looks fabulous. That is why a lot of women have even undergone hooded eyes surgery to replicate their favorite celebs.
View this post on Instagram
EYESHADOW FOR HOODED EYES
Being different is what you can do best. It’s most ideal to tone that down. A touch of glittery shadow is unique and pretty enough. The trick to keeping it all modern, is creating depth and mixing colors.
The best way to start any kind of eye makeup is by making sure you look natural. Use natural matte eyeshadow for hooded eyes such as brown, orange, beige and even earthy colors.
Natural shades add dimensions to your makeup looks and enhances its beauty as well.
It adds realism to the eyes which makes it look natural other than some artificial makeup looks.
At the same time, you must be aware that adding too much dimension can make your eyes look like they are popping out and no one wants to do that.
Dragging the eyeshadow down the crease with a brush is not the way to go, instead brush the shadow above your natural crease and on the lids but do not go down below the tip of your eyes.
If you use dark eyeshadow, you need to make sure that your lip color is not as dark. Try to use lighter shades such as nude, baby pink or rose. This will balance your hooded eye makeup with the rest of your face contouring.
Another mistake people often make with their eye makeup for hooded eyes is that they use pale colors on their eye lids as the base.
This brightens up the shimmering effect, but it does not add dimension to the eyes and it is not a good combination to begin with.
- Also read: Makeup for hooded lids
HOODED EYES MAKEUP TUTORIAL
- Add on a primer to clean the areas around your eyes. Apply lighter shade of orange, beige or brown gently to your upper eyelids.
- Use a darker tone of shadow, possibly red or brown and blend it with the other shades.
- Best way to avoid making mistakes is applying a stripe of tape at the corner of your eyes. This will ensure that your eyeshadow is in line with your eyes and not all over down your cheekbone.
- Once your eyeshadow is applied, use a little shimmer on your eye lids. Always remember, too much of shimmering can eliminate your perfect eye makeup for hooded eyes.
- An awesome night out eye makeup looks is one that blends naturally with your evening wear. The best solution is keeping with a color code from the lightest and gently towards darker colors. Many hooded eyes celebrities can be seen wearing this look such as Blake Lively, Selena Gomez and Malin Akerman.
- Women often get confused with color palettes to use for night-time events. For brown eyes, it’s best to use autumn colors like yellow, marigold, crimson, scarlet, brown and even haze. You can try colors such as vermilion, turquoise and purple giving it an oceanic tones.
- The amount of blush you put on your cheeks also makes a different. You should ensure to use shades that matches with either your lip color or your eye shade. Shades such as pink to rose are also useful and it’s sad to see many women not paying much attention to these awesome tones.
- Velvety tone lipsticks have become a fast favorite with makeup artists and pros alike. They go on smoothly and stay on comfortably. To give lip more symmetry, use a pencil that’s slightly darker than your lipstick.
EYELINER FOR HOODED EYES TUTORIAL
This is pretty simple and works with liquid liner, pencil liner and a brush. You basically just take the same principles and apply it to these products.
I think the easiest way to do it is with a liquid liner, gel really easy if that’s easy for you as well, and if you can get your pencil sharp enough, this will also work.
The first step is probably the most important because it lays down the groundwork with liquid liner.
If you press too hard in this step, it can really mess it up. If you have a very heavy hood, the liquid liner will go underneath the hood and get trapped there and create a really smudgy mess, so you have to be really careful in this first step.
So basically the first step is to take whatever liner you have. Start at the corner of your eye and drag the line up where you want it to go.
This is the outer perimeter of your liner and it is very important to get it where you want it.
You can also do both eyes at the same time. This way, you can ensure that both your eyes are evenly applied. If you’re going to create a triangle shape, it’s gonna look like the outline of a wing.
When drawing over the hood it’s really important not to be looking down and any other direction.
Regardless of how unique they may be, there are some women who still make mistakes on how to apply the appropriate eye makeup techniques.
This might be because they don’t really understand the difference such as hooded eyes, down-turned eyes, upturned eyes and rounded eyes.
Eye makeup for hooded eyes need some practice and patient. If you fail on your first few attempts, you will eventually get it right… and positively wake up every morning feeling good about yourself.
In fact, women with this eye-catching condition can look amazing and feeling totally great too.
Knowing these common mistakes in hand, eye makeup for hooded eyes should be an uncomplicated daily routine for women at every age.