Sagging skin is the real hassle that woman with hooded lids have to deal with. If you have hooded lids, it’s important to understand how to apply pretty much everything from highlighters to mid-tones and darker shades.
Be selective while applying the products so that they end up looking stunning. Most leading makeup artists supports the idea that it’s important to accentuate the right areas of your eyes.
This is the best way to make your eyes look bigger since the corner of the eyes usually look wider.
Always keep your eyes open while applying eye makeup. Also, use bright eyeshadow on your brow bone to create a stunning color contrast.
Makeup artist Liza Eldridge has this “imperfection” but she looks totally gorgeous with this makeup tips for hooded eyes.
UNDER-EYE SHADOW FOR BIGGER EYES ILLUSION
According to Hair and Makeup artist ‘Zena Cummings’, one of the best tips to give hooded eyes a bigger illusion is by creating under-eye shadow.
In a recent interview Zena concluded that “Under the eye: It’s best to apply a thin line of dark shadow one-third in, and then line the rest with bright luminous color”.
- You can use a bright and shimmery highlighter in the middle of the lid to create a halo look.
- According to ‘Zena Cummings’, you should “tight line the bottom with white to increase the eye’s brightness” so that your peepers will look bigger.
TRICKS AND TIPS FOR HOODED EYES
For women who are looking forward to learning how to cloak hooded eyes to make them look bigger, natural looking eye makeup looks will always do the trick.
In fact, celebrity makeup expert ‘Jeffrey Paul’ in a recent interview talked about makeup looks for hooded eyes.
“To draw the focus upward, diffuse darker shadow over and out past the crease”
Such tricks will do wonders and offer you the coolest ways to play with colors and sass it up.
No matter if you’re a beginner dealing with make-up issues or someone who has just started freaking out due to the appearance of early wrinkles.
As long as you have hooded lids, the following tips will compliment your eyes even more.
- Curl your eyelashes
- Use white eyeliners
- Adapt to pointy eyebrow styles
- Avoid keeping too thick eyebrows
- Use waterproof or gel-based hydrating makeup products
- Create a cut crease effect with the help of a black eye pencil. However, women with under eyes wrinkles must avoid this technique.
Best Matte Eyeshadow For Hooded Eyes
Knowing your products is as important as the applications. And the best matte eyeshadow for hooded lids to benefit the purpose are scribbled below.
- Bone Eyeshadow By Bobbi Brown
- Urban Decay Matte Finish
- Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream
- M.A.C Eyeshadow X 9 – Burgundy Times Nine
- Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool
Here’s more matte shades with a streak of shimmery silver from Chaleen Deed that we like to share.
View this post on Instagram
🇬🇧 Going to the morrocan restaurant tonight !!!!!🍽️ • • 🇫🇷 Je vais au restaurant marocain ce soir ^^ 🍽️ • • 💄DEETS 💄 BROW 🍲 @anastasiabeverlyhills : dipbrow pomade in dark brown, clear brow gel EYE 🍲 @limecrimemakeup : Venus XL palette in Boticemmi, triumph and blank canvas 🍲 @smoldercosmetics : dazzle lock and radiant glitter in baby talk 🍲 @anastasiabeverlyhills : jet gel liner and dream palette in wish 🍲 @toofaced : better than sex mascara 🍲 @tatti_lashes : TL3 lashes BRUSHES 🍲 @morphebrushes : M508, E18, JH40, JH44 🍲 @nyxcosmetics_france : 18 🍲 @anastasiabeverlyhills : A1, A28 🍲 @sigmabeauty : E44 • • #chaleendeed
Best Foundation For Hooded Eyes
Anything that’s not chalky or overly greasy is your best tips for hooded eyes. Choose any product from the list below for a seamless finish.
- L’OREAL Visible Lift Serum Absolute Foundation
- Diorskin Nude Air Serum Foundation
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
- Perricone Md No Foundation Serum, Spf 30
SUBTLE MAKEUP FOR OLDER HOODED EYES
For older woman, you can’t just magically erase wrinkles and fine lines if you are already in your 50s.
No matter how much anti-aging companies endorse the idea of complete age reversal, you still can’t stop the aging process.
But this isn’t all bad news at all. Hooded eyes in the 50s can be gracefully done to give them a subtle and pleasant look.
- According to makeup artist ‘Bobbi Brown’, aged women must not overdo (apply) eyeshadows.
- Do not use thick or highly pigmented eyeliners. When they smudge, they make you look even older, as stated in the book ‘How Not To Look Old’ by Late makeup expert, ‘Charla Krupp’.
- Waterproof eye primers and foundations should be your best friends in the old age.
- Use lengthening mascaras and not the dark voluminous ones. Even better, if you choose earthy shades of brown.
Here’s a precise liquid eyeliner from Maybeline:
There is no answer to fixing your hooded eyes except going under the knife but if you have the patient, eye makeup is the best solution to give you that extra boost.
Like a travel journal you can wear, create your day to day eye makeup looks with full of inspiration. If you would like to share among friends or just contact us on any hooded eyes issues, we gladly try our best to help.