Knowing the most appropriate eye makeup for women over 50 are matters you need to address like thinning lashes, crow’s feet and so on All these require specific eye makeup practices to look fresh.
- Recently Updated June 2021
Applying makeup over 50 is super essential to disguise your mature eyes. You need to apply it with the right formulas and techniques to conceal these aging signs.
Irrespective of which stunning eye makeup for older women that makeup artists claim, the awesomely truth of the matter is that life principle will hold and you might inherit hooded eyes and your skin will age.
Let’s be candid, beautiful eye makeup for older eyes can really be challenging – or at least it feels that way. We are also aware that the best makeup tricks can make you appears 10 years younger.
Though most of us are familiar with anti-aging skincare products and techniques, you need to know he basic tips and tricks on how to conceal your eyes. Do you know that with a few simple tweaks, you can actually make your eye makeup looks work more for you!
Though, these 12 guidelines won’t roll back your years permanently, they can help you to disguise your tired eyes and skin, giving you the freshest facial features.
- Use a makeup primer
- Use a tinted moisturizer BB or CC cream
- Loose the powder
- Use a cream blush instead of powder
- Use a highlighter under the browbone
- Use the concealer judiciously
- Use peach or gold eyeshadow
- Use nude or pale pink eyeliner
- Prep your lips
- Use a lip liner
- Toss the gloss for lipstick
- Leave your brows to the makeup artist
How To Apply Eye Makeup For Women Over 50
View this post on Instagram
Your mature eye makeup techniques would definitely have to change as wrinkles, age spots would surface. These are things you can’t avoid but can be conceived. Reduced natural oil production, hormonal changes and menopause can dry out your skin and contribute the appearance of wrinkles and laugh lines.
Aging will gives you dull skin, enlarged pores, sun damage and more. which makes the once potent tinted moisturizer that you’ve been using since younger days to become less effective.
- Before applying eye makeup, it is important to observe a good and proper skin care routine with a makeup primer and hydrating moisturizer.
- Also, apply skincare to avoid dry, cakey looking skin. This will keep your skin plump, hydrated, and looking younger all day.
- You can start your makeup by applying a rich anti-aging cream all over your face. This will make your skin look amazing.
- Apply a tinted primer to even out your skin tone. This will help to smoothen out the wrinkles as well as fine lines.
Eye Makeup For 50 Year Old
- You can use a good makeup brush to apply eyeshadow and blend it on the lid until they appear seamless.
- Note that when you are working with matte eyeshadow, it is also important to use eyeshadow primer.
- The eye primer would make the eyeshadow stay in place, preventing it from smudging and keeping your makeup looks amazing through the day.
- Apply just a little of the eye primer on your lid, allow it to dry before continue with applying eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara.
The best eyeliner over 50 tips and tricks need not be as difficult as you think. If you have unsteady hands, find out more about using easy available stuff to help you draw a fabulous winged eyeliner. Here’s some brilliant eyeliner ideas to try.
Best Eyeshadow For Woman Over 50
Looking beautiful with your makeup looks is the hardest part on your aging eyes. Selecting the best eyeshadow palette for over 50 that fit your lifestyle is the key to your happiness.
Matte textured eyeshadow palette gives you the benefit in styling your aging eyes. There are many options you can find online but eye makeup for older woman are pretty much surprisingly a handful.
Matte shades of eyeshadow comes in various colors, and the secret to mature eye makeup is to blend the shades perfectly to match your eye and hair color.
So yeah, to help you create a glamorous makeup for over 50, here’s an amazing makeup artists Maud Laceppe whose clients include Julianne Moore.
She recommends a combination of saturated color with blendable matte, satin and metallic shades for the best eyeshadow color payoff.
“The velvety smooth texture is perfect for a flawless blending application. The combination of this palette from a subtle to dramatic shade is perfect for any mature skin tone”
- Here’s the resource from Amazon: NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette
Glamorous Eye Makeup Over 50
View this post on Instagram
As you grow older, the desired glamorous makeup for woman over 50 gets stressful especially on your eyes. It’s a good time to use Silk fiber mascara to add volume mainly because your lashes will grow thinner and brittle.
Have you ever dreamed of having luscious natural looking lashes which last for weeks? Grab a smudged-proof mascara that will add fuller and lengthier lashes. You can now get the lashes you’ve always wanted.
We just love @beautyprotocole beautiful crafted false lashes but if you like smudged-proof and instant apply mascara to replicate falsies that’s also safe on the skin as well, then the Mia Adora Pure Silk Fiber Mascara pretty much does that!
The micro fibers are made of green tea, non toxic wet magnifying gel and all the organic. You can create a bold dramatic looks just like Beautyprotocole with 3 simple steps.
- Prime: Apply 20 to 30 strokes of the gel
- Extend: Brush on the Silk fiber for the falsies effect
- Seal: Apply one more coat of the gel
Best Foundation For 50 year old
View this post on Instagram
Concealer is primary used to hide dark circles and imperfections such as blemishes on people over 50. Foundation, on the other hand, seems to be more cakey that works in tandem with concealer to balance out your skin tone.
Most foundation for mature skin are infused with ingredients that are commonly found in your moisturizers and anti-aging serums to improve the texture of your skin. But the differentiation between foundation and under-eye concealer, on the other hand, may be dumbfounding.
There are so many options of good concealer and foundation to choose from. However, choosing the best foundation and concealer for over 50 makeup based on your skin type is pretty much complicating.
What’s more? All these products might not work for women over 50 as your sleeping pattern changes. You will find that deep sleep for eight hours are not so easy as when you are younger.
Under-eye patches can be a nice item to alleviate puffiness and assist in surface hydration.
Andrea Fenda, Smith Vein & Cosmetic Surgery
Erno Laszlo Multi-task Eye Serum Mask are free of phthalates and parabens and contain hyaluronic acid. We love how cooling they feel on your under-eye skin as well as how long and wide the thin transparent multi-task mask are.
- Here’s the resource from Amazon: Erno Laszlo Eye Serum Mask
Aging is just a number if your makeup, skin and hairstyle over 50 are well taken care off. Concealing and enhancing them are the best ways to look 10 years younger or even more.
Don’t forget that the skin on your eyelids gets thinner as we grow older and may become droopy and loose. Hence, it’s very important to learn how to create the appropriate mature eye makeup looks on your daily routine.
You are never too old to look young! The most promising eye makeup for woman over 50 is not just about the eyes but pretty much on the entire makeup looks that you totally put together for yourself.